October Traditional Birthstone


am a traditionalist and choosing between opal & pink tourmaline as the birthstone for October I chosed opals for they are more unique and rare in the finest qualities. Opals comes in various qualities & pricepoints. Though the rarest opals have a pitch black bodycolor with red & rainbow play of colors I tend to like sky blue opals with play of color as it reminds me of the clear sky.
 Opals are one of the very first gems I've collected in fact the 3rd gem variety I've owned & my first opals was a beautiful trio of pink crystal opals that I gave to my now estranged sister. Each one of those opals have a unique play of color pattern, one had a rainbow star pattern which is quite special & the other two are like paintings having all of the most glorious colors of the world.  


I own several opals of various varieties & my top 2 favorites is an Australian colorless crystal opal set in comet designed brooch and my most valuable & rarest opal of them all is another is am extremely rare Australian opal with pitch black main bodycolor highlighting the reds & rainbow opalescence or play of color. 

Opal may no longer be my top favorite gemstone but when it comes to uniqueness and beauty I like it better than most gems and not to mention opal is my astrological birthstone & I can't say opal is lucky or unlucky to me but opals will always have a special place in my heart and without being BIAS I do agree opals in the finest qualities are not only rarer & more expensive than most white diamonds per carat weight but opals can be the most beautiful gem of them all! 
No wonder why opals are also called 'The Queen Of Gems' for no other precious stones possess all the colors of the gemstones; the pigeon blood red of rubies, the vivid grass green of emeralds & the cornflower blue of sapphires & more! 
'In opals you can see all of the most glorious colors of the world.'

And I Have A Perfect Song For This!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Ancient Philippine Goldsmith Technique

PDU30 2nd State Of The Nation Address👊

My Bet For Miss World Philippines 2017 👑