Into Blue 💙


Sapphire is the birthstone for September which is my birthmonth and my birthday is September 27 by the way so you still have plenty of time to think of the nicest presents to gift to my beautiful self.😂 Even though I already own several fine sapphire jewelries & jewels such as the two extraordinary sapphires above, I would still gradly accept another sapphire on my birthday to add into my ever growing collection of fabulous rare jewels of the world & if you gimme one I will double your lifespan here on Earth!✨ Anyway sapphire belongs to the The BIG 3 which is the top 3 selling colored gemstones in the world namely 1.Ruby, Emerald & Sapphire. 

If you know history well sapphires had been used in the most iconic of jewelry creations & blue sapphire is the most favored colored gemstone worn by the most popular royals. The reigning Queen Elizabeth II herself made blue sapphire as her signature gem while her sister The Late Princess Margaret's signature gem is the ruby.
But it was the late Princess Diana & the replica of 'The Heart Of The Ocean Necklace'💙 from the megablockbuster movie TITANIC🚢that catapulted & popularized blue sapphire the most. But it recent times the same engagement ring worn by Princess Diana several decades ago became the engagement ring of another soon to be Queen & after Kate Middleton's engagement blue sapphire became the most popular colored gemstone from The Big 3 once again.
The demand for blue sapphires in 2010 was so huge that their supply became very limited & one website that that caters to selling blue sapphires had crashed and with demand & decreased supply equates to HIGH prices & so their prices had increased significantly since then. 

Sapphire is in fact rarer than white diamonds and comes in all the colors of the rainbow except red. Also sapphires like red rubies are tougher than diamonds! Diamonds are harder but not as tough as the mineral 'corundum' which is the gem specie of sapphires & rubyThe finest sapphires can sell for more than the finest white diamonds per carat. Historically the finest sapphire comes from Kashmir, they have this distinctive velvety electric cornflower blue color that remains blue in all lighting conditions unlike many other sapphires that tends to look too dark or black in some lighting conditions. The cornflower blue color is the highest prized sapphire followed by royal blue & those that are of bona fide Kashmir origin are highly collectible & extremely rare as Kashmir no longer produced sapphires a long long time ago. 

One of the largest gem quality blue sapphires in the world is 'The Belle Of Asia' which was discovered in Sri Lanka an island country in the Indian Ocean just below India that typically produces lighter blue or sky blue sapphires compared to Kashmir & Myanmar but have a higher degree of transparency. 'The Belle Of Asia' was auctioned of for a record price years ago for £12 million pounds! 

I am very fortunate to be born in September because I don't have to force myself into liking my birthstone or buying a gemstone jewelry with my birthstone. Blue is in fact the world's most popular color no wonder why many people are into blue sapphires. That's why I find it contradictory why the color blue is associated with the feeling of sadness coz everytime I look at my collection of blue sapphire gems & jewelries I don't feel the blues at all & I only feel cool & I feel great! But I do like the blues & I'm not just talking about the different shades of blue but emotionally artistic masterpieces especially this rainy season where I just like to listen to the blues & soak all my feelings while it rains & while I'm wearing cool jewelries! And because I like drama in life, if I can't cry then I watch sad touching movies or listen to sad songs.

And I Have A Perfect Song For This! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Ancient Philippine Goldsmith Technique

PDU30 2nd State Of The Nation Address👊

My Bet For Miss World Philippines 2017 👑