Fancy Color Sapphires


This scene from the movie Mission Impossible like 17 years ago is the first movie to introduced to most people to the many different colors of sapphires. 
My White Sapphire & Gold Pendant

Though my first gems are white sapphires set in a gold ring & pendant back in 1997 and my mother have a parure of black sapphires gold jewelries so I am aware of the existence of colored sapphires a long long time ago prior to this movie. Back then everybody knows a blue sapphire but most people would never thought sapphire actually exists in all the colors of the rainbow! Except red which is the color for ruby. 

Corundum is the gem specimen sapphire belongs to & it is probably my favorite gem specimen next to diamond coz they come in a tremendous varieties of colors. My favorite color of course in the sapphire family is the cornflower blue sapphire, followed by the orangepurple, violet & the unusual color change sapphire. My least favorite is the green & yellow coz green sapphire are seldomly found in beautiful bright colors and I just simply hate the color yellow because it is the political color that fucked up The Philippines.

I am very lucky to be born in September because I have plenty of choices to wear as my birthstone. I owned several blue sapphires, including white sapphires, pink & padparadscha sapphire which is the rarest of all sapphires. 
My Pink & Padparadscha Sapphire
My Mother's Black Sapphire Jewelries

The problem is only blue sapphire is considered the true birthstone for September.

And I Have A Perfect Song For This! 
  


Comments

  1. Yes most green sapphires are not so appealing at all they are either too pale or subdued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes Mother Nature produces beautiful shades of green sapphires. Though Mother Nature usually produces the most beautiful shades of green exclusively in emeralds, imperial jadeite and green diamonds.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Ancient Philippine Goldsmith Technique

PDU30 2nd State Of The Nation Address👊

My Bet For Miss World Philippines 2017 👑