March Birthstone: Aquamarine🌊


March birthstone is the beautiful and precious aquamarine like this 6.90 carats internally flawless oval with the most coveted color named Santa Maria that are almost exclusively mined in Santa Maria, Brazil! 

This gorgeous and visually pleasing aquamarine is one of my most favorite in my gem collections and if I will score it's beauty from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest I would score it a 12!

I named this aquamarine 'Felicidad' after my late nanny. So precious and very rare that is not for sale. But if you like a similar one Leibish & Co. have this 6.55 carats oval shaped 'Santa Maria Aquamarine' though smaller by 35 points compared to mine but this Leibish & Co. aquamarine is worth $8,450!💸 

Both are truly an outstanding aquamarine specimens which reminds me of the shallow pools or tiny lagoons in the beaches of Siargao Island! 

Aquamarines come in a range of colors and the most beautiful to you is entirely up to your personal choice.

Santa Maria Aquamarines maybe the most coveted color but the rarest are actually the deep blue green like these two deep blue green aquamarines set in a 14kt yellow gold earrings with the finest cultured diamonds I made for my mother!
But certainly without a doubt in my mind these huge vivid greenish blue aquamarines are the finest I've ever seen! 
And did you know the ancients believed aquamarines came from the treasure chests of mermaids? That's probably the reaso why they are named after the sea coz they look like the ocean of tropical paradise.🌊🌴

Did you also know that sailors in ancient past would never sail without bringing an aquamarine onboard as it is believed to protect sailors from any accidents at sea!?

Well today most people care less about the lore and magical powers of aquamarine coz they buy these gems for their attractive beauty and in fact aquamarine is one of the most popular precious stones. With a hardness of 8.5 in the MOHS Scale Of Hardness these enchanting jewels are tough enough to be worn everyday as rings!

And I Have A Perfect Song For This!🎼


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Ancient Philippine Goldsmith Technique

PDU30 2nd State Of The Nation Address👊

My Bet For Miss World Philippines 2017 👑