My Birthday🎂Gift🎁To Myself

Last September 27, 2018 was the most special day in the Universe✨because it is my birthday! (laughs)

And it has been a tradition of me ever since ever to gift myself some jewelry during my birthday!

And it has been a tradition of me also since 2012 to gift myself the anniversary symbol of that particular year! Last 2012 the anniversary symbol of my birthday was the pearl & so I gifted myself gorgeous South Sea pearls pendant & diamonds set in yellow gold that I designed.

This time my anniversary year is the coral and so this coral cuff is my birthday gift to myself!

It is a carved red coral with two auspicious chinese symbols of phoenix & dragon chasing each other! It is my favorite chinese symbolism and the luckiest! 

This will bring me good luck and success to my life!

Coral is one of the most valuable gems used in jewelry because many countries forbids the extraction of corals from the sea & so they are considered as special as the elephant tusks & corals can be sell for $1000 per gram!

The thicker the coral jewelry the more valuable & rare because it will take centuries or millenium for a coral tree branch to grow so large & thick to be able to carved with them cuffs and bangles & so therefore most coral gemstones used in jewelries are smaller rounded beads as large carved coral jewelries are almost impossible to attain nowadays & if they do exists they are mostly antique! 

Many coral jewelries are made from resin or dyed. Natural color corals like white, pink, orange and coral red are valuable & the rarest color of coral is black which is called 'jet' in the jewelry trade & are usually worn for mourning jewelries back in the Victorian Era.

Coral gems are usually only sourced in one country in the world which is Italy because other countries if not all declared coralss as protected marine speciees or resources punishes severely those who are caught taking them out from the sea. 

Corals are also one of the few oceanic organic jewels like pearls and like pearls they are considered 'living gems' & like most natural pearls they come from the sea like us human beings because long before we became apes & then humans we started as a series of creatures from the sea & after a billions of years of evolution we are now the intelligent lifeforms called 'homo sapiens' or simply put humans!

And I Have A Perfect Song For This!🎼🎻








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Ancient Philippine Goldsmith Technique

VISA My Wallet Cash Card Online Shopping 💳

PDU30 2nd State Of The Nation Address👊